Last updated: December 16, 2020.
- COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you visit the App or the Sites, we may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect via the App depends on the content and materials you use, and includes:
- Personal Data. We collect and store all personal information related to your App profile, which you voluntarily give us either upon sign-up or through continued use of the App. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Demographic location;
- Photos/media you upload;
- Background information and
- IP address.
- Derivative Data and Uploaded Media. Information our servers automatically collect when you access the App, such as your native actions that are integral to the App, actions taken when creating entries, editing entries and uploading media to the App. As such, we may also request access to your device’s photo roll, camera, or other media files/folders in order for us to upload your media to the App. Any media uploaded in this fashion, will be collected and stored on our servers. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Data From Social Networks. User information from social networking sites, such as Facebook, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks. This information may also include the contact information of anyone you invite to use and/or join the App.
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your device, either continuously or while you are using the App, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your device, including your device’s reminders, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Device Data. Device information such as your device ID number, model, and manufacturer, version of your operating system, phone number, country, location, and any other data you choose to provide.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys. Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the App to:
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the App more personalized;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the App;
- Notify you of updates to the App or Sites;
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the App;
- To improve the App, our website, and our products in general; and
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may also require you to link either your iTunes Account, ApplePay Account or Google Play Account with our App if you wish to purchase one of our Premium subscriptions. This does not give us access to your credit card or banking information but is needed so that we can process your purchases/subscriptions.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to unrelated third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may need to send your personal information to our third-party vendors, who are under contractual obligations to keep this information confidential. We may also use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. Finally, if we ever sell the Company, or participate in a merger or consolidation, and our user data is one of the assets involved in the sale, your personal information will be part of this sale or transfer.We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information to, or on, the App or the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the App or the Site, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the App or the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on the App or on the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use.If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Account Information. You can review and change your personal information by logging into your profile through the Site and visiting your account profile page or settings page. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We also may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions and/or comply with legal requirements.
- Emails and Communications. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below; or
- Clicking the opt-out button of any promotional email you receive.
- If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
- NOTICE TO USERS
- YOUR CONSENT
- CONTACT US
4250 North Fairfax Drive Virginia Square, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22203